One step at a time.
I do not usually share my thoughts on the specific lessons of A Course In Miracles on Medium but these four came at me in a profound way this year and I thought I would share them. I warn you, it does get deep.
My thoughts on ACIM Lessons 87 through 90 with the lessons first. Warning: You may not like this at all. Life is what it is and we each have a story. I can only see the world the way I see it right now. All is well, come what may, the Holy Spirit is guiding. It’s just a “story” anyway. 😉
1. (73) I will there be light. ²I will use the power of my will today. ³It is not my will to grope about in darkness, fearful of shadows and afraid of things unseen and unreal. ⁴Light shall be my guide today. ⁵I will follow it where it leads me, and I will look only on what it shows me. ⁶This day I will experience the peace of true perception.
2. These forms of this idea would be helpful for specific applications: ²This cannot hide the light I will to see. ³You stand with me in light, [name]. ⁴In the light this will look different.
3. (74) There is no will but God’s. ²I am safe today because there is no will but God’s. ³I can become afraid only when I believe there is another will. ⁴I try to attack only when I am afraid, and only when I try to attack can I believe that my eternal safety is threatened. ⁵Today I will recognize that all this has not occurred. ⁶I am safe because there is no will but God’s.
4. These are some useful forms of this idea for specific applications: ²Let me perceive this in accordance with the Will of God. ³It is God’s Will you are His Son, [name], and mine as well. ⁴This is part of God’s Will for me, however I may see it.
1. ⁶This day I will experience the peace of true perception.
Jesus knew that his body could die. He also knew he was not a body and there was no separation from God. He knew death was not God’s Will but the confused mind of Christ as a Whole.
I can apply this same reasoning in my life whether I am frustrated in traffic, caught in an abusive situation I have no means to get out of (such as life, haha, don’t even think it, you will come right back because you agreed to do something here, 😛 ), or if I am watching a family member plot their death and mine because they are losing the battle with coping skills.
Grant you, I may experience different degrees of discomfort with each scenario but there really is no difference before God because separation is impossible. And murder is the objective of the ego in any case where it thinks it is in charge.
Whereas, communion is whole, complete, and eternal. This is what we want to focus on and what we can “see” with the vision of the Holy Spirit.
3. ⁶I am safe because there is no will but God’s.
1. (75) The light has come. ²In choosing salvation rather than attack, I merely choose to recognize what is already there. ³Salvation is a decision made already. ⁴Attack and grievances are not there to choose. ⁵That is why I always choose between truth and illusion; between what is there and what is not. ⁶The light has come. ⁷I can but choose the light, for it has no alternative. ⁸It has replaced the darkness, and the darkness has gone.
2. These would prove useful forms for specific applications of this idea: ²This cannot show me darkness, for the light has come. ³The light in you is all that I would see, [name]. ⁴I would see in this only what is there.
3. (76) I am under no laws but God’s. ²Here is the perfect statement of my freedom. ³I am under no laws but God’s. ⁴I am constantly tempted to make up other laws and give them power over me. ⁵I suffer only because of my belief in them. ⁶They have no real effect on me at all. ⁷I am perfectly free of the effects of all laws save God’s. ⁸And His are the laws of freedom.
4. For specific forms in applying this idea, these would be useful: ²My perception of this shows me I believe in laws that do not exist. ³I see only the laws of God at work in this. ⁴Let me allow God’s laws to work in this, and not my own.
1. ²In choosing salvation rather than attack, I merely choose to recognize what is already there. ³Salvation is a decision made already.
Whether I want to hurt myself in thought or deed or feel threatened by someone else, the decision for salvation has been made by EACH of us. Because I am under no laws but God’s.
1. (77) I am entitled to miracles. ²I am entitled to miracles because I am under no laws but God’s. ³His laws release me from all grievances, and replace them with miracles. ⁴And I would accept the miracles in place of the grievances, which are but illusions that hide the miracles beyond. ⁵Now I would accept only what the laws of God entitle me to have, that I may use it on behalf of the function He has given me.
2. You might use these suggestions for specific applications of this idea: ²Behind this is a miracle to which I am entitled. ³Let me not hold a grievance against you, [name], but offer you the miracle that belongs to you instead. ⁴Seen truly, this offers me a miracle.
3. (78) Let miracles replace all grievances.
²By this idea do I unite my will with the Holy Spirit’s, and perceive them as one. ³By this idea do I accept my release from hell. ⁴By this idea do I express my willingness to have all my illusions be replaced with truth, according to God’s plan for my salvation. ⁵I would make no exceptions and no substitutes. ⁶I want all of Heaven and only Heaven, as God wills me to have.
4. Useful specific forms for applying this idea would be: ²I would not hold this grievance apart from my salvation. ³Let our grievances be replaced by miracles, [name]. ⁴Beyond this is the miracle by which all my grievances are replaced.
I know that the possibility is there of Death at the hand of my beloved family member. We cannot always “fix” things.
There are things within this world of confusion and the lies of the ego that cannot be exposed or believed until after the fact but we can know what is going on if we listen to the Holy Spirit.
No one would or could do anything to stop a situation on the premise of intuition alone and even if they did the opportunity is still there and in the hands of the individual. And the point is, we are all doing it.
Murdering each other and ourselves, regularly, over and over again because we insist that we are separate from one another and from God. Until we see that what will change?
I cannot see myself in a nursing home. I have too much spunk and PTSD/PTSpD (Post Traumatic Separation Disorder). So maybe we have a pact to go out together so I do not have to deal with that! Lol; really though, it is not impossible.
If that is the case I accept it now, before it has ever occurred and all I say is “you are forgiven because it is just a story. I loved you into this world and I will love you no matter what. And no one can part us from our love for each other or from God’s love.”
Of course, this is fictional. It is all an illusion, right. And if it were not, this is what I can say to each and everyone that I have ever known, anyway.
The Atonement is our ONLY recourse no matter what life seems to bring us. Because God IS.
1. (79) Let me recognize the problem so it can be solved. ²Let me realize today that the problem is always some form of grievance that I would cherish. ³Let me also understand that the solution is always a miracle with which I let the grievance be replaced. ⁴Today I would remember the simplicity of salvation by reinforcing the lesson that there is one problem and one solution. ⁵The problem is a grievance; the solution is a miracle. ⁶And I invite the solution to come to me through my forgiveness of the grievance, and my welcome of the miracle that takes its place.
2. Specific applications of this idea might be in these forms: ²This presents a problem to me which I would have resolved. ³The miracle behind this grievance will resolve it for me. ⁴The answer to this problem is the miracle that it conceals.
3. (80) Let me recognize my problems have been solved. ²I seem to have problems only because I am misusing time. ³I believe that the problem comes first, and time must elapse before it can be worked out. ⁴I do not see the problem and the answer as simultaneous in their occurrence. ⁵That is because I do not yet realize that God has placed the answer together with the problem, so that they cannot be separated by time. ⁶The Holy Spirit will teach me this, if I will let Him. ⁷And I will understand it is impossible that I could have a problem which has not been solved already.
4. These forms of the idea will be useful for specific applications: ²I need not wait for this to be resolved.
³The answer to this problem is already given me, if I will accept it. ⁴Time cannot separate this problem from its solution.
4. ²I need not wait for this to be resolved. ³The answer to this problem is already given me, if I will accept it. ⁴Time cannot separate this problem from its solution.
Well, if my family member decides to do us both in I will be fine and so will they because the separation from God has already been healed because it never was. Jesus has been trying to tell us this since time began. This is just a bad nightmare, an addictive dream, and we will get over it.
Now, my body or my feelings may get hurt and I may be concerned about the impact on my family member but truth is they have access to the Holy Spirit and the witness that this illusion is nonsense too. So, I will just trust that however things roll out it is the way that the Universal Plan needs to and I may as well just smile and enjoy the show. However, it goes down I can rest in the Atonement and know that all is well.
I personally think that if we could be more upfront with what is going on in our fictitious lives we would be able to endure them better. It is the pretending they are something they are not that has us stuck here, whether we consider our own situation good or bad, it does not matter. Letting concerns fester is what I think Jesus means by holding grievances. Write them, speak them, let them see the light of day.
Because this is not where God meant for us to be and I am speaking about the state of mind, not the physical earth.
There is a calm that can come in the midst of trauma and tragedy. In fact, the ego/tempter will use it to accuse you of being all kinds of wrong but that is his problem, not yours.
For that matter, why not look at things on the bright side and see healing? Jesus says that the Holy Spirit will help us see that. I am going to hold to that vision no matter what. I hope you will, also.
Till next time, God bless, by for now.